Thursday, August 16, 2018

Breathing

Gallery of the covers for SEGMENT: SHO-CAUDAL. #12, not there yet but in progress.

I'm enjoying the time to breathe. I'm preparing the Channel Joe project, which will include a video introduction to Jorune. The colonial ballot and application is getting more interesting and, by itself, would constitute a full issue of SEGMENT: SHO-CAUDAL. But I committed more to #12, and will get it all together. Or split it into releases like 12.1 and 12.2, but the whole of 12 will, ultimately, released as a single document.

The colonial material has fleshed out who left Earth, and why. Horrible things happened before and the whole colonial thrust is insurance against horrible things happening again. And there are people who did NOT want anyone to leave Earth, so there is a statement to give that minority opinion.

It is interesting because I have been working on science fiction since long before I was contaminated by Jorune. I have pulled projects that would mean nothing to you, but which will figure into my post-Jorune lifestyle. My writing will turn more toward novels and the ancillary rights involved with new worlds and storylines. There may be room for the completed ANGELS novel from SSC #5, but the Jorune is output is limited. I have my own lost-colony novel, which has had a couple of title in development: FEASTS or THE NINE MILE ISLAND. There is a Barsoom homage that exists whole in my mind, but only about 40% on paper (actually, electronic files) so I need to make peace with that 60% and THE SCARLET CITADEL will be ready for release. I do have a sequel to the SONG OF ORPHANS, called THE SONG OF POWER, and it is floating in the background.

The "Jorune Bashing" article is taking a nice turn with the pressure off. I think that would be 12.2.

ORFA Jorune would be 12.3, but I think I'll just make it a separate release.

It's nice to relax for a minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment