Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Topics

I've been blind-sided by a problem with SHOLARI v2n1 hard copy. So I'm working to fix that. Meaning it will not be available or anyone to buy until November, and if it goes for sale in November, the soonest I would get any money from it would be January - 2018. So I may have to drop what I'm doing in favor of working for the only thing that has been paying to me related to Jorune. Which will be easy since the response has not even come up to the level of the lowest selling of previous impact. 14 Subscribers and six single copy buyers are nice, but the bag of groceries at the end of month get pretty low. Add to that the lack of response from people who are supposedly working with on some of these — and I've tried to parcel it out so not too much was on any one person.

So if my big focus will be on SEGMENT: SHO-CAUDAL and I'm thinking of what goes there.

New masthead for SEGMENT: SHO-CAUDAL, but it will first appear in Red for SSC #4
#4 will probably go out later this week. Maps and Measure.

#5 will be what I have so far with THE ANGEL OF DRAIL. I'm hoping for a couple of illustrations for that, but it will be for me to do the art, too. I would like to finish the book, but we will see if anyone else has an interest.

Later I'm looking at:
  • The Storm Wall - A follow up to the Dark Side of Jorune, particularly with the eastern shore of the Sharden, Gilthaw land mass. This is where the worst of the world storms hit and is why there is no real settlement along that eastern shore.
  • The Authorized Version - Different nations/cultures/races have their own takes on Jorune/Sho-Caudal, and the do not agree. What are the authorized versions of history? Sez who? Where are the differences reasons to go to war? This may lead to a supplement The Pin-Heads of Jorune, but it would probably bee far too political. But there are lesser versions that might serve Sholaris. That is who I do this for, isn't it. Sholaris? Even if they don't have a group? I'm just a Copra, myself. Always something new to learn.
  • You are Not Welcome in Drail - Western Drail, militant Trarch who defend a homeland where people are NOT treated as sub-human, lesser creatures, as is the perception in other places. You have to have a big club to swing in Drail West. And some islands off the west coast. That is the popular and reenforced image and policy. 
  • Chaln Imagri - I took some adventure teams through the capital and trading center for Temauntro, the Crugar verson if the Iscin religion. There is stuff to do there. Particlarly Crugar architecture.
  • The Lake District - I have wanted to do a Gomo Guide to Dah-ah-day for many years. I hae a map and The Auklin Pits was planned for SHOLARI v2n2, but also material on the North and South Khodre, and the Acubon/Blount swamps.
  • Hobeh - There is a second isho desert in the center of the lower land mass south o Dobreh and Yobreh. And a human culture that has avoided all contact with the outside world. Mesas with defended cities. With a couple thousand years of people throwing rocks down on the top of your head, the neighbors stop calling.
  • Lundere and Yobreh - a fairly newly connection culture of traders, sailors, farmers and scholars that stretch from the Yobran Gulf straight between the tip of Lundere and Shardin. Woffen here and the Woffen of Anasan were separated for centuries and the only thing they really have in common is the difficulty bringing forth healthy pups and raising family. The both treasure their children, but where do they differ?
  • Thriddle of Delsha. Thriddle have had a home on Delsha longer than they have commanded the Mountain Crown. What do they do and what do the Shanha have to say about it.
  • What has gone on in Burdoth in the past 25 years? Was Dandrenn invovled in the assassination of Saress? Do his children have any hope to become Darsage? If not, why not, and who's who in the most published realm of Jorune.
  • Heridoth was once populated by enthusiastic Oxfordians who left behind something of a legacy. Can that be revived and clarified? Five human realms (six if you separate the Khodres) and Heridoth has been quiet for a long, long time.
  • The Jorune Underworld. What are the crime trades? Are there drugs and other favorite give-them-what-they-want industries? Can you sell your birthright for a contract to keep you out of the rain, fed, and high? And which of the great families are involved - or did they become great families because they were involved, but are not legitimate? Inquiring minds want to know - oh. He's dead. Well, maybe the next inquiring mind would like to know.
  • Islands- I have many island cultures. One with a mad king newcomers who warp to the island must appease from impossible demands, and who kills his own people - apparently with power of his mind. He is also clearly insane, which doesn't help. There is an archipelago in the vast Great Jorune Ocean where Salu have set up a refuge from the insanity of the larger world. Unfortunately the large world makes things the Salu want to possess. 
  • There are notes for life in Ramian realm of Voligire. And why the hell are insectoid, barely warm blooded Cleash so damn attached to Gilthaw? Wassup with that?
  • I will not be doing a Gods of Jorune. It gets difficult to maintain the popular mythologies of how you are the crown of creation with so many other races flourishing and/or claiming they are the crown of creation. More than twenty races, some of whom are sure they are it, with or without doctrine or testament. Just ... not.

The Great Jorune Ocean from THE DARK SIDE OF JORUNE
I think I will be able to fulfill my SEGMENT: SHO-CAUDAL commitment, but have to look for greener pastures which will take time and energy away from Jorune. And since I have not been able to find someone to help me market what I do, more time lost learning that job, as opposed to my primary function of writing and world building.

But maybe my focus should not be on Jorune.

My commitment: I will finish ORFA. It has uses beyond Jorune. I will fulfill my commitment to SEGMENT: SHO-CAUDAL. They will not have first priority in the real world where I get ready for another surgery and have real problems to be solved, almost all of which are based on no one here accepts my gemlinks at fair value.

Nobody reads this anyone, do they? And they certainly never mention it on the other channels.

---------

DROFFNER with MailChimp looks to be a non-functioning idea, and certainly not as the MailChimp mass marketing set-up requires. I will announce dropping that project and let the people who signed up to receive the notebook be on my personal mailing list to receive a different version of the DROFFNER from my personal return2jorune@gmail.com account.

2 comments:

  1. I read everything you post here and everything you produce. It's wonderful to see Jorune again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should drop Droffner. All the news people need to know are already displayed in your blog. If they really want to know what is happening, this is the place people come to. My suggestion would be: no point adding to your workload unnecessarily.

    ReplyDelete