Sunday, May 20, 2018

Just a moment...

I woke up today and stood up. Next to my bed and realized I was standing without the third point of support of wedging my calf against the bed so I could stand with a third point of support. I have needed a third point of support for a long time. A cane, a walker, sometimes surfing through the house using counter, chairs, table, washing machine... for support.

But for about a minute I could stand. I think it is a direct result of the surgery to open an artery in my right ankle. I will be having another surgery on the left side in a few weeks. If this is the result, I look forward to the next round.

I don't talk about it much on this blog because it is not the purpose of the blog. In reality, I have challenges that I do not think should be the measure of someone's interest in the projects. But I have to live with it 24/7. I did so a while back and I got an email, answered, and this charming reply.

"Since you have already told me about your health issues on numerous occasions, I am tired of you constantly bringing it up.  I get it -- poor Joe.  As if you're the only one with health issues."

Really? That's what you got from asking and me answering? Since we did emails for a couple fo weeks, the "numerous" is sort of a surprise, but ... So I opted to not discuss it more than a couple of times a year. I know some Jorunis with far worse situations, but ... oh well.

I like the progress. I hope it continues.

Continuing work on #11. Trying to locate one author, not even going to worry about interior art after the really groovy cover, so ... I might get it out to meet my self-imposed "deadline" of early July. 

No comments:

Post a Comment