Saturday, May 18, 2019

Topsy

In UNCLE TOM'S CABIN, the slave Topsy was asked how she was raised. "I wasn't raised - I just growed," she said. I won't get going on the paternalistic, racist nature of the characters presented, particularly out of historical context, but the quote applies.

And so it is my Jorune.

I was thinking I had SEGMENT: SHO-CAUDAL #13, CHILDREN OF BOMOVERIS, and GOMO GUIDE; TAN IRICID, was all I had left to be done.

Oh, there is ORFA (One Role Fits All) for Jorune. Well, that, of course.

And the promised JORUNE BASHING article I casually mentioned I would do back in the first issues of SSC. Of course, finish that.

But the COLLECTED series. That is COLLECTED BORKELBY'S FOLLY and COLLECTED DANSTEAD TRAVELLER. But I lost communication with those editors, but long time Joruni ___ put me back in touch with Ray Gillham. So, Borkelby's back on the boards. I have not had a response from Kym Paugh since she went into hospital two years ago, but I'm hopeful.

And I finally decided to with the COLLECTED SHO COPRA JOE*. Yeah. My stuff. Properly edited in one volume from Sholari v1n1, v1n2, v1n3, Annals of the Tansoor Historical Society, and my articles from SSC, all gathered up into one volume. (But not my stuff from the Gomo Guides or Sholari v2n1). Hard copy.

Okay, Those. But...

Oh. The novel. ANGEL OF DRAIL. Yeah. I already know the full story, it has been outlined, so its just the petty matter of writing the whole... yeah. That. Okay. Put that on the list.

Stop it!

One thing I've done with the past few print projects - I set up my recent DriveThruRPG titles to make the PDF the big purchase, like $12, and the hard copy is $14, with a free PDF included. I do pay some royalties to folks who have been working with me - others have been kind enough to refuse royalties.

I feel like a mobster from the old Hollywood gangster movies. "They pull me back in..."

The problem is I'm leaving Jorune because of energy and finances. Energy in the sense of my available time on keyboard or online, and finances because - I don't have them. I need finances. I'll take filthy lucre in almost any form. Dollars, Pounds, Euros, Zloties, Rial, Yen, Rupees, Bhat, Pesos, Bolivars... really. Collect them all. My medical stuff, which I'm told put people off, requires I have finances to do things - particularly in this country with its criminal medicine for profit system.

Ahem.

So I've decided to revive the old "Advance" schema used previously. in the past four years I've averaged one release every three and a half months, so I think I have the track record to put out the offer for the Next Three, or the Next Five, Jorune releases in PDF format, in advance of public release. Whichever titles they may be. Or you can choose the option where people, who might feel so inclined, to just make a general contribution to keep me, and my projects, moving forward.

The "Next Three, or Next Five", link is here.

And I have to get back to work.

____
* I may have already mentioned that I chose Sho Copra Joe as my nom d'Jorune to reflect my feeling about my relation to the world. I don't consider myself to be a master, but a student of Jorune learning as much of the world as I can. And I might be the Most Elevated (Sho) Student (Copra) on this planet. I can accept that, with its ego. I'm not a Sholari, the most elevated teacher, but content to always be in a position to learn more. Which can only be shown to me by other people revealing their vision of that world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment