Saturday, June 22, 2019

An Interruption in Service

I don't go into great detail on my medical stuff these days. People don't like that. And it is distracting. Let's just say that as the result of my most recent medical - 'focus' - I am distracted from the speed completion of my projects.

Which is not to say that I am not working on things. Just not things as quickly as I would like. Something every day, no matter what.

That means I am doing the next project, SONG OF ORPHANS, while I am waiting on final edit pass on CLIMBING THE SPIRAL MOUNTAIN from the acknowledge editor in Connecticut, and I am continuing work on the Jorune projects - SEGMENT: SHO-CAUDAL #13 (and final) and the ORFA: JORUNE write up.

Every day. A few hours on one of those. Or the marketing side of all of it.

And I have more that could be plugged in for activity not related to these four. Like - art. Drawing for the cover of COLLECTED DANSTEAD TRAVELLER. And a new interest - pour art. Using liquid acrylic in a diluting medium to create very organ, uncontrollable interactions of paint, medium, silicon (WD40), a heat gun... it will be easier to share the results than explain, when that gets done. I think of it is a visual interpretation of the Isho flow or a naull. Probably in this next week - the space is being cleared.

Should I even mention the indexed version of RECOVERY READER?

You know, I'm starting to see that I do have a "style" in my use of language for posts here, the companion blog (Oh No, Not More Damn Joe Stuff), Facebook and personal emails. I create words to explore concepts or relationships. I use the comedic "pay-off" structure regularly. I like violating expectation in those pay-offs. I love adjectives and adverbs to describe. I have improved my conjunction problem (reducing my run-on sentences). My use of ellipses (and its cousin, the hyphen) has been reduced.

All of which is for the benefit of my readers.

I have a couple dozen, but it's the thought that counts. I hope to have more in the near future.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I remember playing the PC game Alien Logic in the mid-90s. Good times.

    ReplyDelete