Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Boom

When it rains it pours.

Okay, I asked about anyone remembering the old Segement: Jorune while having problems getting DriveThruRPG/DriveThruFiction to function to bring books to you PDF and Print. I follow their directions and am wrong for doing that. I use the template provided by Ingrham and am wrong. I make the changes they demand, and am wrong. So I wanted something I can actually DO, not talk about.

Boom.

Things fell together really fast.

The project is called Segment: Sho-Caudal. It is a PDF-only, subscription only newsletter. That translates as SOMETHING I CAN GET OUT rather than fight with the Print on Demand masters of ennui who want me to peel them another grape before they will accept files. No, not a purple one, a green one. Not that shade of green. Too small...

I repeat. Boom.

It is Tuesday afternoon. The first issue will be for sale and deliver by ... the end of the week.

Segment: Sho-Caudal #1 is in the second round of editing with one of my favorite editors, who really improves the product, and when she is done it goes to another editor who is serving as proofreader. And then it gets into PDF but before it gets announce yet another person is performing as Troublesome Thriddle (That's his title, don't wear it out) to eyeball it before it goes out. THEN it will be available. We are looked at a few days.

THEN there will be four ways to nab it:

  • Option 1 - Subscription through PayPal. $5 a month. Direct through PayPal. A minimum of one newsletter a month. 
  • Option 2 - Subscription through PayPal. $55 a year. 
  • Option 3 - Subscription not through PayPal, but by check to me, or through Facebook using the little "$" symbol in the bottom of their chat window. That goes through PayPal but does not reqire that you have a PayPal account. If that isn't good enough for you, get a stamp.
  • Option 4 - One issue purchase. $6. PayPal only.

Unpublished sketch of the
monument to The Desti
 Delivery is by email. When you do your PayPal you will be taken to page telling you where to send you email address for your subscription. Then I hit Segment: Sho-Caudal Subscribers in my email program and remember to attach the PDF and - boom. Again with the boom. I hope I remember to attach the PDF. But if I don't, I will eat crow and send a red faced "here it is" email.

And Segement: Sho-Caudal #2 is already completed and in the hands of the editor. And I mean, completed! Words, Artwork and everything.

There are a couple of color art pieces in the first two issues, but they are glaring and out of place. I have made the decision that future issues will us an old retro design of Black-Plus-One-Color, and I set up a color called Spot. I change that color once and it ripples through all the headlines of the issue. It was a very popular graphic style in the 1950s and 1960s, but now becomes a nice retro feel for SSC.

But - Boom Boom - Editor #2 just delivered all the text for Sholari v2n1 and while this background editing is going on with Segment: Sho-Caudal #1 and #2, I am doing the layout for Sholari Magazine, Volume 2 Number 1, and writing more material for Gomo Guide: Tan Iricid.

There is a clog in the pipe and when we get the clog cleared ... splush. There will be wet. Hopefully Drenched by Christmas and more wet predicted for the 2018 forecast.

I like all that.

SSC #1 is all about Timelines. SSC #2 is a mix, which includes the Thriddle's Debt and a new piece for what used to be called "Jaroon" (for the old folks).  And I already know what will be in SSC #3.

Boom.

Why am I not Sholari Joe? Because I am always a student. I teach, but I'm still a student. And it doesn't matter what world I'm on.

No comments:

Post a Comment