Saturday, August 12, 2017

Real, with and without typos (error corrected)

Subscriptions are coming in. Requests for Single issues are coming in.

Confirmations of where to SEND the PDF are not coming in. Someone was kind enough to send me the error message they got when trying to send their preferred email address...

Really?

Subscriptions are coming in. Requests for Single issues are coming in.

Confirmations of where to SEND the PDF are not coming in. Someone was kind enough to send me the error message they got when trying to send their preferred email address...

Joe typed an "r" in the wrong place on a page of HTML code. It's only about 80 lines, at 72 spaces per line, so one character out of 5,760 was not correct and people couldn't send me their preferred email address for delivery.

Really?

Does anyone know a good, working WYSIWYG editor for Mac OS or Linux?

Komposer has a no-contrast black on dark blue, none adjustable button scheme that I cannot read.

SeaMonkey no longer allows a "Find" when working in raw code.

Blue Griffon is a nightmare with the inability of its interface to interface. The version has a formatting bar that runs down the left edge of the window, with no way to scroll down (Paragraph formatting).

DreamWeaver adds so much extra, self closing <x></x> lines of code it becomes a real nightmare when trying to fix bits of HTML. I can't tell if it is just bad programming, or the suits trying to create evidence you have been using their program without paying. (I used it as part of the Adobe CC package, one, said bad words and have not opened it since. Worse than DreamWeaver 7.)

Amaya and Adaptana are just too clunky for me to use.

Programmers tell me "just use a text editor". I do not find that to be an effective workflow - I am not a programmer. I work in the design, usually with a split screen. Working "type-save-open-browser-reload-open-text-editor, repeat", over and over and over and over is NOT preferable to "type, look, type more". I can use a text editor, but it is not my native language and I do not 'see' what I'm doing.

Typing...

<center><ul><li>Fuck off and Die</li><br><li>Eat Shit and Die</li></ul><br><br>Really!<center><p>

Can be done, but I'd rather choose center, bold, words, next line.

It also takes much longer, and opens the door to typos based on a) Joe's history of typos, and b) neuropathy that does my touch typing without the 'touch' part.

I can move my fingers and, IF I am on the home position (which is not always the case) I hit the right letters. Fascinating things when I lose my home positions one key over, in some direction. (Even *I* notice that.)

I'm a civilian, not a programmer. And THIS error was in a text processor.

WYSIWYG? Either OS?

If it helps, SeaMonkey was my go-to for YEARS.

Or is there someone willing to volunteer to clean up any of a couple dozen pages I do a month?

Trade. Or Barter. (You have to be very old to get the joke there.)</h2>

No comments:

Post a Comment