Tuesday, September 26, 2017

What to Do While Waiting for the Doben Al to Freeze Over

Work continues on SEGMENT; SHO-CAUDAL. #3 is about ready to move out, #4 is moving along. There is a great deal about fiction as perceived by Thriddle. And all about writing for Jorune ... both the world specifically and writing fiction generally. Enormous amounts of information to write epic stories - literally. 22 pages. Way over the 16-page promise. Just about to go out. You can still subscribe to this PDF newsletter, but it costs money. I'm cruel.

Information at http://skyrealmsofjorune.com/subscription.html

Third, GOMO GUIDE; TAN IRICID is also moving forward. I am very happy to say the new format has been solidified and is very much reproducing a true Thriddle guide, based on the Thriddle Five Folds formats (of which there are six). We can only hope to produce them by scale but they will be lovely in Fold 4 "Paper" format, which a traveller can carry on expedition.

I can only write so much at a time. But it is still nice to see things move through the pipeline after so very long. And I have lived to see it, even better.

A second novel might be considered. THE CHILDREN OF BOMOVERIS, but it would break down into three volumes. A trilogy - oh no. It starts in Thantier, moves to a secret Earth-tec base in the Western Trinnu Jungle Lands, and through the warp to the grand finale in Kirlan. Oh yes, I know the story - it was run through playtesting with my A group before I left California. It runs rich and sweaty and is the most ambitious gamble for the control of Jorune yet published. A trilogy. That is looking into mist 2018, but it will not be released until all three volumes are written. I even have the names of the three volumes and the master outline, but cannot honestly say I am writing it yet.

First
THE ANGEL OF DRAIL
then 
COLLECTED DANSTEAD TRAVELLER 
COLLECTED BOKERLBY'S FOLLY
GOMO GUIDE: TAN IRICID 
In some kind of order, and then
SHOLARI V2N2.

Then I can look at a trilogy. Priorities. Even though I already have SHOLARI V2N3 mapped out.

And there are even a couple of projects I haven't talked about. And some that have nothing to do with Sho-Caudal.

It is a good thing I'm retired. I'm too busy to do other people's work.

No comments:

Post a Comment