Sunday, January 28, 2018

Flime Ties

That would be a proper Jorune phrase, wouldn't it? Flie ties when you're having fun.

Time changes things, and I just had it pointed out that my subscription system for SEGMENT; SHO-CAUDAL is out of date.

I just had someone subscribe at $5 a month who then asked about getting the back issues.

Something I have not harped on is that I am only committed up to issue #14. And I have some ideas about that issue already. SEGMENT: SHO-CAUDAL is not a forever-and-ever project. It was born of frustration with the DriveThru-RPG pre-press system that kept rejecting covers and interiors for reasons no one could answer. SSC gave me the flexibility to get out an idea, quickly and under my control.

The PDF format allowed me to issue orthopedic edition, correcting the errors that seem to be the trademark of my production history. So 1c, 2b, became the early issue labels. But more recently I just make that notation in the colophon of the second page.

But subscriptions. Originally 12-Issue subscriptions seemed appropriate, but now - not so much.

So I guess part of my day will be spent wandering the mystic e-halls of PayPal to:

  • Delete the 12-Issue subscript.
  • Put up a 6-issue subscription.
  • Change the short subscriptions to Back Issue options.
  • And then post those changes to the subscriptions and SSC pages on the website.

I have a fairly clear idea of the remaining issues, but am not sure what order they will be in, and feel jes' fine about adding material to make the issues a bit fatter. And there will be some spin-offs that may become separate purchases.

But I am halfway to the 14-issue commitment. And understand no one is paid up to #14. I extended the subscriptions for a couple of people because of a screw up in coding their names properly to get their copies as part of the mass mailings. I plan to do something different with #13 and #14, outside the original subscription-newsletter model.

But I need to think about what I'm doing, and then reflect the new thinking on the website.



No comments:

Post a Comment