A couple of medical things are taking up time. I'm working on the next SEGMENT: SHO-CAUDAL, but not as fast as I'd like. May make the 6th, may not ... we shall see.
Wednesday, February 28, 2018
Sunday, February 18, 2018
|SSC 6 - Warp Mechanics|
A couple of my old players may remember opening the Red Gate more than 20 years ago. It's about time, I guess.
The political fight between the different Thriddle factions is part of it, which has been common in most of my Jorune projects for many years. This issue offers part of the greater module and adds more about the Colonials from an automated supply base in an unexpected location and previously unknown Earth-tec.
It will pull together:
- The D warp from the original Warp Mechanics article ANNALS OF THE TAN SOOR HISTORICAL SOCIETY ten years ago or so where the whole thing started, updated in SSC 6;
- The MES DIG, THE HOL SONO LATTICE, found at the Mes Dig;
- the political rift among the Thriddle and how information from the Lattice may change the balance of power on Jorune - knowledge is power;
- THE KOLO DISSAL, the false skyrealm used in this adventure to escape the forces of the Dharsage, the House Zunis, the Tan Iricidi Thriddle, and some freeboot mercenaries (and because they can);
|SSC 7 - Mes Dig and|
Sol Hono Lattice
- The Red Gate itself - what is at the mated location of the D warp - at certain times - leads to;
- The Desti Base with all kinds of Colonial information, link dots, flexible body armor, Nannies, Frankenstein effect, Buildtons, Combatons, Titantons, and other Tech-tons from old Earth;
- Nanufacturing of the Colonials; and
- The Seraphim Guard, which leads into THE ANGEL OF DRAIL, which might get completed and made available.
It's great fun to work on — I hope it will be fun to read. And maybe run. (What a concept.)
|SSC 8 Sol Hono Lattice and|
the Body Measure Map
That issue will have a new look on the inside. Just warning you.
SSC #10 looks like it will have the Reco issue I've been wanting to do for a while, which will tie into the Breathers in the Red Gate construct.
And I have some idea on #11 - at the very least. The will probably get fatter, but we are nearing the end.
And who knows where all of this may lead.
I just had a horrible thought. I may have contents in the various issues wrong. I need to go read them, but I have a class to teach in 10 hours and need sleep first. Priorities - sleep, class, Jorune. but Jorune is still in the top three.
Thursday, February 15, 2018
|Lost Corondon art by Teves|
The writer made a very key point, that this is a fringe product for a small population and 35 years later. I bristled - 35 - I've only been involved since 1992, but there are people who have been involved longer than me and - he is right.
I got that right after checking my blood sugar this morning - and it was 60. It is supposed to be between 80-120, but it wasn't. Not an excuse, just a reality.
So I'm thinking what I can do to repair that offense.
In the meantime, SSC #8 with the Sharden memoir and the first part of an "Other Artists of Jorune." #9 is moving along as are #10 and #11. The new cover looks good and next issue the interior will change. Again.
And the work with SSC is leading to reviving a product I was willing to let go. We shall see.
I try. I really do. And sometimes I'm offensive. I'm like that in life. I may not be the only one, but I'm the only one in this skin. And that skin gets thin sometimes.