Thursday, February 15, 2018

SEGMENT: SHO-CAUDAL #8 and a Blunder

Lost Corondon art by Teves
Number Eight went out last night, and I offended at least one reader in the email. And there is a guideline in publishing that if one person writes, they represent 19 other people who didn't. And since there are only 20 people on the list ...

The writer made a very key point, that this is a fringe product for a small population and 35 years later. I bristled - 35 - I've only been involved since 1992, but there are people who have been involved longer than me and - he is right.

Sigh.

I got that right after checking my blood sugar this morning - and it was 60. It is supposed to be between 80-120, but it wasn't. Not an excuse, just a reality.

So I'm thinking what I can do to repair that offense.

In the meantime, SSC #8 with the Sharden memoir and the first part of an "Other Artists of Jorune." #9 is moving along as are #10 and #11.  The new cover looks good and next issue the interior will change. Again.

And the work with SSC is leading to reviving a product I was willing to let go. We shall see.

I try. I really do. And sometimes I'm offensive. I'm like that in life. I may not be the only one, but I'm the only one in this skin. And that skin gets thin sometimes.

Onward.

No comments:

Post a Comment