Sunday, February 18, 2018

Creeping to SEGMENT: SHO-CAUDAL #9


SSC 6 - Warp Mechanics
Revised
I wanted to do a thing called THE RED GATE for SHOLARI v2n2, but since that looks like it will not be likely to happen I pulled together the notes into a draft that may be ready to go for SSC #9. It will fill the issue, but I will probably add a few pages to it.

A couple of my old players may remember opening the Red Gate more than 20 years ago. It's about time, I guess.

The political fight between the different Thriddle factions is part of it, which has been common in most of my Jorune projects for many years. This issue offers part of the greater module and adds more about the Colonials from an automated supply base in an unexpected location and previously unknown Earth-tec.

It will pull together:

  • The D warp from the original Warp Mechanics article ANNALS OF THE TAN SOOR HISTORICAL SOCIETY ten years ago or so where the whole thing started, updated in SSC 6;
  • The MES DIG, THE HOL SONO LATTICE, found at the Mes Dig;
  • the political rift among the Thriddle and how information from the Lattice may change the balance of power on Jorune - knowledge is power;
  • THE KOLO DISSAL, the false skyrealm used in this adventure to escape the forces of the Dharsage, the House Zunis, the Tan Iricidi Thriddle, and some freeboot mercenaries (and because they can);

SSC 7 - Mes Dig and
Sol Hono Lattice
And to that I will add:

  • The Red Gate itself - what is at the mated location of the D warp - at certain times - leads to;
  • The Desti Base with all kinds of Colonial information, link dots, flexible body armor, Nannies, Frankenstein effect, Buildtons, Combatons, Titantons, and other Tech-tons from old Earth;
  • Nanufacturing of the Colonials; and 
  • The Seraphim Guard, which leads into THE ANGEL OF DRAIL, which might get completed and made available.

It's great fun to work on — I hope it will be fun to read. And maybe run. (What a concept.)

SSC 8 Sol Hono Lattice and
the Body Measure Map
I have asked a couple of people for feedback. They may give it, they may not. But the plan is for it to go into SSC #9. I might have to draw a cover. Bleh. I don't like my art - Jorune deserves better. But can't seem to get an artist to draw this thing I have in my head.

That issue will have a new look on the inside.  Just warning you.

SSC #10 looks like it will have the Reco issue I've been wanting to do for a while, which will tie into the Breathers in the Red Gate construct.

And I have some idea on #11 - at the very least. The will probably get fatter, but we are nearing the end.

And who knows where all of this may lead.

I just had a horrible thought. I may have contents in the various issues wrong. I need to go read them, but I have a class to teach in 10 hours and need sleep first. Priorities - sleep, class, Jorune. but Jorune is still in the top three.

1 comment:

  1. Hi. New here. Posting just to say hi. How does one acquire tese mysterious segments?

    ReplyDelete