Monday, September 18, 2017

Um, I guess I'm writing a book...

I went to Scrivener to outline THE ANGEL OF DRAIL. But that didn't work out.

Chapter One - Dinner with Old Friends fell out. Food (there are always scenes with food when Joe writes anything) and a good deal of throat punching. Made me want to find out what happens next, which I think is the purpose of a Chapter One.

I thought I was going to finish NINE MILE DIAMOND, my own Lost Colony novel about the world Kolne. And the arrival of an almost forgotten follow-up from Earth, several hundred years late. Or is it?

But now - part of my brain went "throat punch" and was off and running.

Not a bad Chapter One, either.

I still need to mind-map the flow, but once this is out of the way, it should be possible.

1 comment:

  1. I'm raiding myself. When I though I would write no more forever - for Jorune - I was doing my own Lost Colony novel about the world of Kohlne. Distortion of Colony. But THERE are elements now incorporated in THE ANGEL OF DRAIL. I don't begrudge, but I like the Kohlen setting. Maybe it will emerge at a later of point. Working titles included FEASTS AND THE NINE MILE DIAMOND. SIGH.

    ReplyDelete