Saturday, October 7, 2017

Ghost of Dyshas Past

I got issue #3 of SEGMENT: SHO-CAUDAL out. And I mentioned it online. And one guy who had subscribed wrote to say he didn't get his copy.

I really wish I could blame
someone else.
So, I went to look and discovered that, when all the PayPal button missagoss was boiling in August, the final "fix" was broken.

Instead of the button for the $5 per month for 12 Months subscription, the code put in a $5 one time to be renewed in 12-Months. This means that if you think you subscribed for 12 months at $5 per month, check your PayPal account—you didn't. You were charged $5 one time, and I've emailed out three. Sigh.

So, I went back to create new buttons to replace the old buttons, and did a new web page, and posted that fact online.

And it occurred to me that people might want less of a commitment to the whole SSC thing. No Jorune zine has run over 4 issues, so subscribing to twelve might feel ... insecure.

So, at http://skyrealmsofjorune.com/subscriptions.html there are some new choices.

The AOL Chat window button
You can get a sample copy of SEGMENT: SHO-CAUDAL for $6.

You can get 3-issues for $15. There have been 3-issues published so far, published so you can get the set, to date; or

You can get 6-issues for $30; or

You can get 9-issues for $45; or

You can get 12-issues for $55, or

You can get 12-issues for $5 per month for 12 Months.

You can buy your subscription through PayPal, or through the $ button in the Facebook Chat Window, or just write me for alternative methods.

Two people who thought they had already subscribed have set up their corrected subscriptions. There were only eight8 people affected (we have a very small circulation so far), and if the other six do not come through, I'll have to go line by line in the PayPal records to target who gets a private email.

There is a free preview from Issue #1 in the Files section at the Yahoo Jorune Group and the Shambo in the Shenter page on Facebook. Hm. I should probably put one in the Files section of Return2Jorune page on Facebook.
First go at the SSC #4 cover

#4 is almost done and I'm abandoning the 5th-of-the-month idea. I'll just release them as they are ready - like I can't hold myself to 16 pages, I'm having trouble holding back to release SSC when it's ready for the public.

Before mailing out SEGMENT: SHO-CAUDAL #3 I sent out the corrected PDFs for #1 and #2. I have nice people who understand I'm just not a public relations, bookkeeper, proofreader kind of guy. I'm a take-the-ball-and-run-with-it, creative, artistic kind of guy. When people need me to work at something I am not good at, I'm not good at it. Nice folk in the UK and US emailed me their edits and almost all of them were right - a couple is because they aren't that familiar with Jorune. Yet.

But amateur means "one who does it for the love of it" - and I do love Jorune, or Sho-Caudal, or Sparky's World, or whatever they call the world of seven moons this week. And I do have ideas - I don't think that's in question.

In addition to SSC #4, I'm working on three other things at the moment. ORFA: JORUNE, the in-house system; GOMO GUIDE: TAN IRICID; and the novel THE ANGEL OF DRAIL, which is coming along nicely. The printed version of SHOLARI v2n1 is about to be announced - dancing with the devil at DriveThruRPG.com systems to get everything approved by their printer. Then I have to order a proof copy and receive it. But I'll announce as so as it is greenlighted.

Did I mention a poster from that beautiful wraparound cover from Steve Devaney. No? I should talk about that next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment