Sunday, October 1, 2017

October

Our little cover guy from the 1920 issue
of INLAND PRINTER will finally get out.
The first week of October will pop. Mailboxes will have incoming.

The final edit for SEGMENT; SHO-CAUDAL #1 will go out. This is version 1c, but will not carry 1c on the cover. Those version letters are just unsightly and annoying. It will say 1c where it belongs; with the indicia at the bottom of page 2.

Edit for SEGMENT: SHO-CAUDAL #2 will go out. There may be a second edit, but we think this one holds together pretty well. No change to the cover, but it will show edition in the same place - bottom of page 2.

SEGMENT: SHO-CAUDAL #3 will go out. It is a look at the Thriddle getting something wrong. Horribly and hilariously wrong. But it is all about fiction, and the fiction of writing for Jorune, which includes the guidelines for writing all good stories. Structure, conflict, and the elements that go into the writing of a short story, novel, or epic. The full version of Polti's 36 Plots with subdivisions. The two structure of RPG design I've released over the past 30 years, based on the lessons I've learned, not on some arrogant preaching down. I'm not qualified to do that, but I can share the tools available to me and the lessons I've learned.

SHOLARI v2n1 as a print item with the benefit of the PDF release will move into the last two phases, me receiving a mandatory hard copy proof, and then the release of the news that the print version is available.

The cover to the wrap-around hard copy will also be released as a poster. Steve DeVaney did a great job and it should be appreciated without all the type blocks.

SEGMENT: SHO-CAUDAL #4 is almost ready. All about the maps of Jorune, including the correction/clarification of some long-standing misconceptions. The measure of the world, both for maps and in terms of distance, weight, time, calendar and comparisons between the different systems.

SEGMENT: SHO-CAUDAL #5 will almost certainly give the first couple of chapters of THE ANGEL OF DRAIL as a simple science fiction novel in the manner of the Ace paperback novels. It was a format and novels are the story of conflict within a setting, and Jorune has conflict and settings. Just add characters. And I have some callbacks to earlier Jorune a la Joe. Longtime readers may be very pleased with the choices made.

GOMO GUIDE: TAN IRICID is progressing with all of this. More and more about the culture, history, and secretive nature of the Thriddle. How they handle their own domain is different from the public face they present to the wider world. Students are not just the purpose of the island of education, they are also how the island survives. And do not think that Thriddle are weak because of their bookish ways. What they cannot do for themselves, they have ways of contracting, or enticing, other races to do. The two primary partners of Thriddle might surprise you. I'm hoping much of this volume will produce some fresh interest in the world.

The two collected fanzine features we've been talking about may both be out before the end of the year.

At least one more issue of SEGMENT: SHO-CAUDAL will make it out before the end of the year. 2017 has been a landmark for Jorune in general, and for me personally. Fingers crossed that SHOLARI v2n2 will be ready to go by the start of the end of the year. 2018 should be more significant, but only if additional writers and artists step up to make their contribution to our shared experience with the world of seven moons.

A Request

You may have already noticed that I am not blasting out into the Jorune channels. I am using Droffner to get the word out to people interested in being updated. This blog is available to anyone interested.

But me talking about what I do is just that. That I am the only one interested in Jorune and what is being done for it may be a reality I need to look at.

I hoped to start some conversations, but that is not what has happened. There is a running monologue rather than several people talking. What I do is my version, but it is not official - see the whole Canon article in SSC #3. I do "fan" work. Other people have equal right and ability to do their own. Someone wants to do a competing zine with a different take on Jorune, I really want to see that. That's why I wrote "A World of One's Own" in SHOLAR v2n1.

At least some points raised in the online forums beyond me talking.

I'm capable of talking, but I will never surprise myself. Other people can have comments that illuminate whole areas of Jorune that have never been a concern of mine. They may have a special place they have gone and developed, whether played out in RPG sessions or not, that the world might love to see. But we don't know because they aren't putting anything out there for discussion.

But that might be my delusion. Maybe the reason no one is discussing concepts I've put out is that they really do not have the interest – like listening to a music you do not like.

I have other things to do and can run my mouth there without feeling like I'm monopolizing the channels or boring people with more stuff they don't want to hear.

My request? If you find something in the GOMO GUIDES, or SHOLARI, or SEGMENT: SHO-CAUDAL, or this blog, or if you see something in THE DROFFNER, you see things other people should know about, please bring it up. Not just repeating the same information, but add your own comment or reaction or spin on how it could be done even better.

Add your voice. Choirs are better than solos.

I never liked Kareoke anyway.

1 comment:

  1. Your work is not in vain. it is difficult to move people, even fans. It will always feel one sided until someone else decide to do something. But keep the faith. I know I want to contribute even if I barely find any time to do it.

    ReplyDelete